New entry into the VCORE Pro line for 2019, Yonex introduces the Yonex VCORE Pro 97 HD (18×20) Tennis Racket. The racket itself is a player’s frame designed for the big-hitting players looking for devastating winners. It features excellent stability to go with excellent control and feel.
The racket comes equipped with Vibration Dampening Mesh (VDM) to filter unwanted vibrations. This frame continues the use of Namd technology integrated into strategic locations of the frame. This new material allows for unique flex and fast frame snapback. Yonex improved the throat design of the frame, giving the racket optimal torque to produce additional spin. Improved grommet system thanks to Yonex’s Lock Booster System which promotes string contract for an efficient energy transfer and extra power. Equipped with Isometric head shape which helps to absorb shock and frame vibrations – allowing for a heavier more powerful ball.
At 11.9 ounces strung and a 97 square inch head size, new VCORE Pro 97HD is a solid player’s frame that offers excellent feel and adequate control.
- SUPER CUSHION GRIP: The Super Cushion Grip minimizes vibration. The cushioning performance of the grip helps protect the wrist, forearm and elbow against shock-induced injuries.
- BLACK MICRO CORE: Carbon graphite and elastic particles are added to MICRO CORE technology for increased face stability and even better vibration dampening.
- 3D VECTOR SHAFT: The throat grooves of the 3D Vector Shaft improve racquet stiffness, generating supreme face stability and giving players more efficient power.
- ISOMETRIC: The Isometric Square Head Shape reduces the inert space found in a conventional round frame. As a result, the racquet is easier to swing through and has superior maneuverability with a 10% bigger sweetspot than an ordinary round head racquet. The sweetspot is the area of a racquet where the longest main and longest cross strings meet in the stringbed. In an ordinary round frame racquet, the sweetspot is where the 8 main and 11 cross strings meet. In the Yonex Isometric Square Head racquet, 10 main and 13 cross strings meet in the stringbed to produce a sweetspot that is 10% larger than the effective hitting area of a conventional round head racquet. With more strings of equal length and a larger effective hitting area in the stringbed, the Isometric Square Head Shape provides consistently accurate shots, giving more power, control and more effective off-center hits.
- NAMD: A flexible graphite matrix that enables a more optimal frame snapback upon contact.
- LOCK BOOSTER SYSTEM: According to Yonex, this grommet design uses raised ridges between the grommet holes to enhance power.
- VIBRATION DAMPENING MESH: VDM is a stretchy mesh material that adheres well to graphite to reduce arm fatigue. Integrated within the grip, VDM minimizes vibrations by 30% resulting in improved feel and precise ball control.